Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mike & Ike Granny Smith Apple Magic

If you've ever put chocolate syrup on your peanut butter than you know wat I'm talking about. You do it to cleverly trick your senses into thinking this is a reeses peanut butter cup and not pb and syrup. As someone who is advanced in putting two different things in their mouth at the same time (twss) I can tell you of one mixture that you've never heard of.


Granny smith apple and mike and ikes = taste of apple with peanut butter



Uhh? Naw uhhh? Really?? You crazzzzyy

Uh huhh. Yaa uhhh. Really. Seriously



The discovery was made last year in legendary rm. 226 after a return from the broccoli tree (adam’s butt hut for you queea’s). My wingman on the voyage and roommate at the time, McHuge, and I had planned for a hunger attack earlier. Having equipped our mini fridge with about ten granny smith apples from the cafe, we each felt the need for more fruit in our snack.

A quick trek to the vending machine downstairs provided us each with a bag of mike and ikes. Back in 226 we were both hit with a dilemma.

Eat the Granny smith apple THEN mike n ikes? OR granny smith apple AND mike n ikes.

McHuge sided with the first option, myself choose the second. I began by first biting one half of the mike n ike and sticking the other half on the apple. My display of food art was rousing.


(previous works of food art)

The next part is what lead to this food revelation.

Simultaneously placing an Ike and taking a bite of a granny, a taste familiar to me before overtook my buds. I was confused. No, not confused – I was reimagined . I achieved the taste of peanut butter and apple without the peanut butter.

I immediately turned to McHuge and told him but he called me crazy (the most common response when I tell people this shit)

Me: “No dude. Seriously”

McHuge: “You’re crazy”

Me: “No. Dude. Seriously. Do it”

McHuge: “Ok…(granny. ike)………holy shit dude”

Me: “Seriously”



And there we sat. Physically eating granny smith apples and mike and ikes but tasting a granny smith and peanut butter. I could quite possibly be the next extremely attractive chef on the food network….obviously behind this lady ;)



Do it. Then I dare you to call me crazy/not a genius. Plus, apples and mike and ikes. It's healthy. Foryourhealth.


No comments:

Post a Comment