Friday, March 12, 2010

Alice in WonderOzland with Brick in the Dark side of the moon Wall


I've been mashing up video with songs for quite some time now. Usually it's just Planet Earth and whatever comes up on my itunes. Interestingly enough it seems to match more often than not. This effect can be caused by either trippy coincidence or through more scientific reasoning called synchronicity. This phenomenon is caused when two or more events that are unrelated occur together in a meaningful manner. To count as synchronicity, the events need to occur together by chance.

I first heard about this years ago, before the days of youtube, someone mentioned how the Wizard of Oz went with Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". The combination of the two was cleverly termed "Dark Side of Oz". Naturally I though this sounded awesome so I went home grabbed Wizard of Oz and Dark Side and tried it out for myself.
 I wasn't seeing/hearing it. I saw some points where they fit but then again I could have done that with an ex-girlfriend mix tape from '98 and have produced the same emotional feel. Years later the combination came up again and this time, with youtube, i was able to see how it was suppose to be - where to start and where they matched. But still I wasn't very impressed

Flash forward a few more days/weeks/months whatever it's not important just the idea of passage of time is needed and the Alice in Wonderland with The Wall came up. Youtube'd it - liked it. The part where Alice falls down the hole I think matches up damn near perfect. It was also interesting to learn that throughout Alice in Wonderland her dress is shaped like a mushroom.

I wonder why?



No comments:

Post a Comment