Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The highest of holidays


Judging by everyone’s constant updated facebook statues about 420 I'm sure you all had a great day. As for myself, I spent the hours between 9am - 6pm in class yesterday. No break. Yuck.


Awesome 420 right? Believe it or not it was. Things took a turn for the better around 1:30pm - my media class got out thirty minutes earlier on account no one was there nor listening as usual. I figured with the thirty minute block of time between early dismissal and my next class I could either A) go eat lunch or B) go walk through the Boston common where I knew for sure shit was getting blazed up.

Quick decision.

With that I sprinted across a busy Tremont street (ok I waited for the cross walk) and into the common. It was a damn near perfect day weather wise as proof by the pictures sprinkled amongst this post.



As I got closer and closer to the epicenter of the common - it hit me. That invisible aroma triggered my senses. A lite breeze turned the common into a weedstank melting pot and I was getting the sloopy seconds with no complaints.

Walking up the steep incline I reached the highest point in the commons (pun absolutely intended).



People were out in force smoking bowls and blunts like the shit was going out of style. I stood there and contemplated asking the group of six or so Mexican thug cartel ring leaders if I could get a drag on their gorilla finger sized blizz.

On second thought I decided to scan the commons below for someone I knew. The whole time I was there I couldn't believe what I was seeing.


People coming to the epicenter from all corners of the globe - pulling blunts out of the air and lighting them up in front of little kids and park rangers. I started laughing because of this settings absolute ridiculous. To add to the insanity, I spotted a merry-go-round in the middle of everything. Obviously. All this happiness and second hand-i-ness made me hungry so I reverted back to plan A) go eat lunch.

Does this cup cake mixed with soft serve royal raspberry topped with sprinkles look like a meal I'd eat on 420? Well the answer is yuuuup and just wait.



A few more hours and one more class till I was clear for lift off. Over in mission hill my co-pilot on this day, DJ, waited patiently at the launch site for my arrival. Class 2-5:45. Teacher brought snacks. Dude knew what was up. After class, I made my way over to the sketchy ass orange line via the sketchy ass Chinatown stop to sketchy ass Roxbury crossing. Quick walk from there and I was at the launch site. Couple jays and a ghetto “time travel machine” and we were ready to go. Raj couldn’t believe the contraption I had assembled so he came along for the voyage. Marathon Dave, DJ Addy, and Ayyiiii stood out on the porch

 It was epic.

Back inside for a couple rounds of Super Smash and Goldeneye then it was on to trying to spot Izzy at the Celtics game. Didn’t take long to spot him amongst the crowd. Sick seats bro.
(can you spot Izzy?)

Since the Celtics game was a complete fuck – a clinic from Ray Ray, we decided the “spot Izzy game” was far more exciting. To top off my 420 me and DJ destroyed a soup kitchens worth of rations.

 Switching in-between the Celtics and sox we managed to land on NESN just in time to see Darnell McDonald put one off the bottom of the monster for the walk off. A successful 420 indeed.

(oh there he is. gaahttt him - very top left)

No comments:

Post a Comment