Thursday, April 22, 2010

first review of Minus the Bear - Omni, and by first i mean - the very first


I'm all over this. Even before Rolling Stone, McHuge (since hes all but jumped ship from Deez) or whatever legit source you get your music reviews from. But today they ain't got shit on me because my superior "looking" skills managed to get my ears on this album before it drops May 4th.

(im workin on the 5 star system cuz no one cares about what i have to say about music - just want to know what songs to hit up first. obviously all Bear songs are amazing so the stars are just for you to know which ones are better than the others - kind of like human races)


My Time - ****
"song most likely to be sung in the shower"

Summer Angel - ***
"song most likely to be quoted in a valentines day card"

Secret Country  - ***
"honestly didn't even know this was a different song because the transition was seemless and there was just too much blood traveling between my heart - brain - boner that i couldn't process the jump"

Hold Me Down - **
"song most likely to be confused with other previous MTB favs"

Excuses - **
"song most likely to be played when chillin"

The Thief - ***
"best breakdown"

Into the Mirror - *****
"the best song on the album - i knew this even before they recorded it"

Animal Backwards - ****
"Back to back gems. Bear goes Techno"

Dayglow Vista Road  - ***
"don't be confused by the intro - it isn't Radiohead"

Fooled By the Night - ****
"chillin. thank you bear, please come again"

As solid as this new CD is - I'm still about my old bear. I know you are too
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment